Hearty lentil stew with vegetables and smoked bacon
Portions: 3 persons | Preparation: 70 minutes
Everyone should try this warming, hearty and flavorful lentil stew with vegetables and aromatic smoked meat.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 1 votes )
- 5-7 slices of smoked bacon
- 1 onion
- 2-3 carrots
- 2-3 sticks of celery
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 450g lentils, brown or green
- ½ tsp thyme, dried
- 1 bay leaf
- 700 ml water
- 700 ml chicken stock
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 230 g smoked sausage, or frankfurters
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3- 4 stalks of chives
- frying pan
- cutting board
- Chop the bacon into small pieces.
- Cook in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- It should take 5 to 7 minutes for the bacon to turn golden brown.
- Remove the bacon.
- Two tablespoons of the rendered fat leave in the pan.
- Pour off the remaining fat.
- Peel the onion, carrot and celery.
- Then cut into small cubes.
- Then add to the pot.
- Fry for 5 to 7 minutes until soft.
- Peel and chop the garlic.
- Add to the vegetables along with the cumin.
- Fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the washed lentils to the pot.
- Add the thyme, bay leaf and fried bacon.
- Water and Pour the broth over the lentils.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- The broth can be replaced with an equal amount of water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat.
- Cover the pot.
- 40 Cook for minutes until the lentils are soft.
- Cut the sausage or small sausages into slices.
- Then place in the pfl Fry the lentils in the oil for 5 to 6 minutes until crispy.
- 10 minutes before the lentils are done cooking, add the sausage to the pot.
- Then add the vinegar.
- Serve the finished lentil stew with chopped chives.