Hearty lentil soup with canned tomatoes, sausages and celery
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 45 minutes
This hearty concoction of cooked legumes, spicy sausages and veggies turns out to be hearty and nutritious at the same time. And if there are leftovers from the soup, it actually tastes even better warmed up the next day!
Please review recipe:
- 1 onion
- 400g canned tomatoes
- 2 sticks of celery
- 450g sausages
- 2 carrots
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 250-300g red lentils
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 l meat stock, or water
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- herbs, to taste
- Peel the onion and cut into small pieces.
- Cut the tomatoes, celery and sausages into bite-sized pieces.
- Peel the carrots and grate them on a coarse grater.
- Peel the garlic and press through the garlic press.
- Vegetable oil in a saucepan on a medium heat heat.
- First sauté the onions, celery and carrots for approx. 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the sausages, lentils, tomatoes and bay leaves and pour in the meat broth.
- Bring everything to the boil and simmer over a low heat for approx. 25 minutes .
- Then season the soup with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the lentil soup with finely chopped herbs before serving.
Fresh tomatoes can also be substituted for the canned tomatoes.
- cutting board
- garlic press