Hearty lentil bread with rice, herbs and garlic
Lentil bread with rice and garlic is perfect if you love vegetarian cuisine. The hearty mix of lentils, rice and vegetables with aromatic herbs is perfect for a festive dinner. Lentils need to be soaked, boiled, and then mixed with sautéed vegetables. Baked in the oven, it can then be served.
- 300 g lentils, green
- 1 l vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil, + some for greasing
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 300 g rice, cooked
- 100 g ketchup, or barbecue sauce
- salt, to taste
- 1 tsp. herbal mixture, Italian
- Black pepper, to taste
- Put the lentils in a saucepan, pour cold water over them, let them soak for 1-2 hours.
- Then strain, pour in the stock.
- Simmer the lentils for 30-40 minutes until tender.
- Then remove from heat remove and mash with a fork into a coarse puree.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Grease the narrow rectangular oven dish with vegetable oil.
- Peel the onion and garlic and cut into small cubes.
- Fry in the vegetable oil for 3 to 4 minutes , until tender.
- Mix the lentils, sautéed vegetables and rice in a bowl.
- Add half of the ketchup, salt and spices and mix well.
- Pour the lentil mixture into the dish.
- Flat with a spatula .
- Bake the lentil bread for 1 hour in the preheated oven.
- Grease every 15 minutes with the remaining ketchup.
- Baking tin, square
- Cooking pot