Hearty fish cake with salmon and fried onions
This tasty one with small pieces of salmon is unusual but very tasty. The dough with kefir is very easy to prepare, and the fried onions will multiply the taste of the filling. Without much effort and in a relatively short time you get a delicious fish cake, which can be enjoyed wonderfully for both lunch and dinner.
- 450 g salmon fillets, or salmon trout
- 1-2 onions
- 1-2 tbsp butter + some for greasing
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 3 eggs
- 300 ml Kefir
- ⅔ tsp salt
- 300 g flour
- 10 g baking powder
- Cut the salmon into small pieces.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Fry the onion for 5 minutes until golden.
- Add the fish and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper and place on a plate.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the kefir and salt.
- Mix the sifted flour with the baking powder.
- Add the flour mixture to the kefir.
- Mix the batter well so that there are no lumps.
- Grease a casserole dish with butter.
- Put half of the batter into the casserole dish.
- Spread the filling on top.
- Then pour the rest of the batter over it.
- Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes at 190°C.
- Remove the fish cake from the oven and cut into pieces.
- Enjoy the savory cake with a cup of tea for lunch or dinner.
- cutting board
- frying pan
- casserole dish