Hearty chicken soup with semolina dumplings, potatoes and meat
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 85 minutes
Simple dumplings made from semolina, egg and butter are the real highlight of this light . With this addition, it becomes even tastier and tastier. With potatoes, sautéed vegetables and cooked chicken, the soup is not only hearty but also very filling.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 2 chicken thighs
- 2 L water
- 1 egg
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4-5 tbsp semolina
- 4-5 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Black pepper, to taste
- Herbs, to taste
- Cutting Board
- Frying Pan
- Put the chicken thighs in a saucepan, fill with water and cook for about half an hour.
- Remove the cooked chicken thighs and place on a plate.
- Let cool and cut into pieces.
- Egg first with salt and softened butter, then beat lightly with the semolina in a bowl.
- Leave the mixture to stand while the vegetables are being prepared.
- Peel the potatoes, cut into slices and add to the boiling broth.
- Cook the vegetables for 15-20 minutes.
- Peel the onions and chop them finely.
- Peel the carrots and grate them coarsely.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Fry the onions in it for 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the carrots and cook for the same amount of time.
- The semolina mixture a teaspoon or a tablespoon into the boiling soup.
- So that the mixture does not stick to the spoon, moisten the spoon with cold water.
- Add the chicken and sautéed vegetables, salt and pepper.
- Let the soup about 5-7 minutes cook n.
- Serve the chicken soup with semolina dumplings to taste with chopped herbs.
Whole legs, knuckles or chicken breasts can also be used instead of chicken thighs.