Hearty broccoli casserole topped with bechamel sauce and cheese
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 45 minutes
Broccoli casserole is an easy and hearty dish with a delicious béchamel sauce and a golden cheese crust. The casserole is perfect for dinner for the whole family because it is tasty, healthy and very easy to prepare.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 3 votes )
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 500g broccoli
- salt, to taste
- ½ tsp oregano, dried
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 250ml milk, warm
- 100g hard cheese
- 30g parmesan
- Casserole dish
- Cutting board
- Cheese grater
- Tin foil
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Grease a deep casserole dish with vegetable oil.
- Cut the broccoli into small florets, season with salt and oregano and place in an even layer in the casserole dish.
- The butter in one Melt the saucepan, add the flour and cook a roux, 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour the warm milk into the saucepan, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Cook the béchamel sauce, stirring constantly, until thickened, 3 to 4 minutes .
- Taste and season with salt, then stir well.
- Pour the béchamel sauce over the broccoli.
- Cover the casserole dish with foil.
- Bake the broccoli casserole for 20 minutes.
- Grate both types of cheese on a fine grater.
- Remove the casserole dish from the oven, remove the foil and sprinkle the cheese over the casserole.
- Raise the oven temperature to 220°C.
- Bake the broccoli casserole for a further 5-10 minutes.