Hearty bean soup with potatoes, savoy cabbage and leek
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 40 minutes
This one with potatoes, savoy cabbage and leek is very simple and easy to prepare. The fried vegetables give the soup an aromatic note and make the appetizer very delicious. The addition of potatoes makes the dish very filling, making it ideal for a full meal.
Please review recipe:
- 3 potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 leek
- ½ head savoy cabbage, small
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1200ml vegetable stock, or water
- 1 can Beans
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Peel the vegetables.
- Cut the potatoes and carrots into medium-sized pieces.
- Chop the white part of the leek and cabbage into small pieces.
- Press the garlic or chop it with a knife.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the leeks for 5-6 minutes sauté over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle the sautéed vegetables with paprika, stir and add the broth about 15-20 seconds later.
- Once the broth is boiling, add the potatoes and carrots.
- Let the whole thing simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the cabbage to the pot as well, stir and stew for another 5-6 minutes.
- Drain the beans and then add to the soup.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook for approx 2 to 3 minutes later, remove from heat.
- Serve the bean soup immediately.
Onions can also be used instead of leeks.
- cutting board
- garlic press