Healthy tomato soup with peppers, garlic and almonds
This tomato soup with peppers and garlic is not only delicious and easy to prepare, but also healthy. The amount of ingredients in the recipe is enough for a rich dinner for several people.
Rating: Ø 5 ( 3 votes )
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 peppers, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp Italian herbs
- ½ tsp thyme, dried
- 1½ kg canned tomatoes
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Fry the peppers, garlic and spices until the garlic turns golden, about 2-3 minutes.
- Gently add the tomatoes.
- Reduce the heat, bring to the boil and Simmer for approx. 3 – 4 minutes.
- Use a hand blender to puree the finished soup.
- Before serving, top the tomato soup with almonds.
- mixing spoon
- hand blender