Halloween ghost cupcakes made from vanilla muffins and cream cheese frosting
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 100 minutes
Juicy ones form the basis of these eerily beautiful Halloween cupcakes. The sweet frosting made of cream cheese, butter and white chocolate coating creates the right Halloween feeling in the form of ghosts.
Please review recipe:
- 250 g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 120 g sugar
- 1 p. Vanilla sugar
- 80 ml vegetable oil
- 250 ml buttermilk
- 80 g white chocolate coating
- 40 g butter, soft
- 150 g cream cheese, room temperature
- 170 g powdered sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Chocolate drops, for decoration
Make the muffins
- Preheat the oven to 180°.
- Place paper cups in each cavity of the baking sheet.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg briefly.
- Then add the sugar , vanilla sugar, oil and buttermilk and mix well.
- Now add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the paper cups.
- Bake on the middle shelf for approx. 20 – 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Then allow the muffins to cool on a wire rack.
- Melt the couverture and allow to cool slightly.
- Stir the cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat the butter and icing sugar until fluffy.
- The cream cheese and the melted chocolate in portions on a low setting stir into the butter.
- Briefly stir in the lemon zest.
- Chill the frosting in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Stir the frosting until smooth and fill into a piping bag.
- Pipe the cupcakes with the frosting.
- With the chocolate decorate the ghost faces on the frosting and the cupcakes for the Halloween party are ready!
- muffin tin
- paper cups
- hand mixer
- piping bag