Green beans with garlic in tomato sauce
Portions: 2 persons | Preparation: 40 minutes
Green beans with vegetables in tomato sauce taste really delicious. The sauce is made from roasted onions, garlic and fresh tomatoes. The vegetables give the dish an intense flavor while also making it very filling. The dish is ideal for fans of vegetarian cuisine.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 2 votes )
- 450g green beans, fresh or frozen
- 1 onion
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 400g tomatoes, in their own juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- 1-2 sprigs basil
- 1 -2 sprigs of parsley
- Black pepper, to taste
- cutting board
- frying pan
- If using fresh beans, cut off the ends.
- Chop the pods into several pieces or leave them whole, according to taste.
- Peel the onion and garlic and finely chop.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Onion Stir-fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the tomatoes, bring to the boil and reduce the heat.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Meanwhile Place the green beans in a saucepan and blanch in salted water for approx. 3-5 minutes.
- Rinse under cold water in a colander, add to the tomato sauce.
- Steam the whole thing while stirring until the beans are soft.
- Finish with the chopped ones Sprinkle herbs.
- Season the green beans with salt and pepper, serve immediately.
Instead of chopped tomatoes in their own juice, fresh tomatoes can also be used. These can simply be added to the boiling water and skinned.