Greek pasta casserole with minced meat and cheese
Portions: 10 persons | Preparation: 85 minutes
A super delicious pasta casserole is created from deliciously layered components. The minced meat sauce with tomatoes and spices is wonderfully complemented with macaroni noodles and a fine bechamel sauce. The cheese combines the ingredients in the oven into an irresistibly delicious casserole.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 1 kg macaroni
- 1 kg minced meat
- 2 onions
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- olive oil, to taste
- 1 l milk
- 100 g margarine
- 300 g flour
- 100 g cheese, grated
- 1 cup of red wine
- 3 eggs
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- bay leaf, to taste
- paprika powder, to taste
- nutmeg, to taste
- cutting board
- casserole dish
- Fry the minced meat in hot olive oil with the chopped onions.
- Approx. deglaze with wine after 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and 400 g water.
- Season with salt, pepper and paprika powder and add a bay leaf.
- Mix everything well and stew for about 30 minutes at low heat.
- The Half cook the macaroni in a large saucepan of boiling salted water and drain in a colander.
- Place half of it in a casserole dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- Distribute the minced meat mixture evenly over it.
- Layer the remaining pasta on top.
- For the Melt the margarine sauce in a small saucepan.
- Add the milk, flour and nutmeg.
- Season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the beaten eggs vigorously.
- Be careful not to add the bechamel sauce cook more.
- Now spread the bechamel sauce over the casserole and smooth it out.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on the casserole.
- Bake the pasta casserole in a preheated oven at 200° C for approx. 30 minutes until it has a nice golden brown colour got.