Greek moussaka with minced lamb and eggplant
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 110 minutes
Greek lasagna is somewhat reminiscent of Italian lasagna, but is traditionally made with meat and eggplant instead of sheets of pasta. Moussaka with eggplant is a striking example of traditional Greek cuisine. It’s essentially a vegetable casserole with fried ground beef and a creamy béchamel sauce topped with cheese.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 3 votes )
- 1 ½ kg aubergines
- 3 tbsp salt
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions
- 600 g minced lamb
- 125 ml water
- 1 tsp sugar
- pepper, to taste
- nutmeg, to taste
- 6 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 500 g tomatoes
- 100 g cheese
- 50 g butter
- 5 tbsp flour
- 375 g milk
- 3 eggs
- salt, to taste
- cutting board
- mixing spoon
- casserole dish
- Slice the aubergines.
- Fry in a pan with 2 tablespoons of oil until half cooked.
- Dice the onion and sauté with the minced meat in 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Add the water, spices and breadcrumbs to the minced meat .
- Stir everything well and simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Slice the tomatoes.
- Place the aubergines in a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and cover with a layer of minced meat.
- Repeat the layers .
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- For the béchamel sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the flour, salt and milk, stirring constantly.
- Let the béchamel sauce simmer a little.
- The sauce Pour over the layered vegetables and meat.
- Bake the moussaka in the oven for 60 minutes.