Greek dumplings with pumpkin and meat filling
Portions: 12 persons | Preparation: 60 minutes
The baked ones with pumpkin and meat filling smell wonderfully delicious and are a hearty favorite dish. The dumplings prepared in the oven can be served as a starter with tzatziki, herb quark or tomato salad.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 7 votes )
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water, cold
- 100g butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 350 g lamb or turkey
- 400 g pork
- 700 g pumpkin
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- dough card
- rolling pin
- kitchen brush
- meat grinder
- Make a dough out of the ingredients.
- Divide the dough into fist-sized pieces.
- Put a cloth over it and let it rest for 1 hour.
- Then roll each piece of dough into pancake-thin shapes with a rolling pin , roll out.
- Coat with olive oil and butter and stack on top of each other.
- For the filling, put the meat and pumpkin through a meat grinder and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the filling over the dough pieces and the edges press together firmly.
- Grush with egg yolk and bake in the oven at 180°C for approx. 40 – 50 minutes.
- Serve the Greek dumplings warm or cold.