Greek cake with honey, nuts and raisins
Portions: 10 persons | Preparation: 60 minutes
The Greek cake with honey, walnuts and raisins is a real sweet temptation. The taste of honey makes this recipe unique and gives the perfect treat with raisins and nuts.
Please review recipe:
Ø 4.8 out of 5 stars ( 5 votes )
- 800 g flour
- 250 ml water
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g raisins
- 200 g walnuts
- 3 tbsp honey
- 150 g water
- 150 ml honey
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 100 g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- kitchen towel
- stand mixer
- hand mixer with dough hook
- parchment paper
- For the filling, wash the raisins and dry them on a kitchen towel.
- Crush the nuts and raisins in a blender.
- Mix together with the honey.
- Sieve the flour, add the water, vinegar and salt and make a dough Process.
- Add olive oil while kneading.
- The dough should be elastic, smooth but not soft.
- Let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Then divide the dough into 5 parts.
- Roll out thickly first, then thinner and pull the dough with your hands until it is very thin.
- So that the dough does not stick, keep adding a little flour.
- Cut the dough into rectangles.
- Line the bottom of the rectangular mold with baking paper and grease it with butter .
- Place the first sheet of pastry at the bottom of the dish, grease again with butter, cover with a second sheet, grease again.
- Distribute the filling evenly.
- Cover with a third sheet and grease with butter.
- Replace the filling distribute, cover with the fourth sheet and Grease d again.
- Cover with the last sheet at the end and brush with egg yolk.
- Cut the cake into squares and bake in a preheated oven for approx. 45 minutes at 180 degrees.
- For the syrup, mix the water with honey and sugar and cook over low heat.
- Stir constantly until thickened.
- Douse the finished cake with the syrup and let stand until set.