Funny Halloween puff pastry pumpkin snack with jam
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 32 minutes
This funny one can be baked very well together with the children. The puff pastry snack is quick and easy. The aromatic strawberry jam filling goes wonderfully with the crunchy dough and makes the pumpkins look slightly spooky.
Please review recipe:
- 1 p. Puff pastry, from the fridge
- 1 egg yolk, for spreading
- 100 g strawberry jam, or raspberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 200º.
- Roll out the puff pastry on the parchment paper.
- Use a round cookie cutter or pumpkin cutter to cut out the dough.
- Cut out a face for half of the cut out pumpkins.
- Include the whole pumpkins without the face Spread a little jam, leaving the edges free.
- Place the pumpkin faces on the jam and press the edges firmly with a fork.
- Lightly whisk the egg yolk.
- Grush the puff pastry pumpkins with it.
- Cook the pumpkins approx. 12- Bake for 15 minutes until golden.
- Let the puff pastry cool on the wire rack and serve for Halloween.
The puff pastry snack can also be made savory, for example with tomato sauce, steamed pumpkin or grated carrots.
- pumpkin cookie cutter
- kitchen brush
- parchment paper