Fruity strawberry slices with cream and cake glaze
Portions: 10 persons | Preparation: 160 minutes
The strawberry slices are a real dream! The fruity pieces of strawberry, the sweet cream made from yoghurt and cream and the fluffy dough – the dream trio is perfect. The strawberry cake is quite complex, but the work and time is definitely worth it!
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 8 votes )
- 5 eggs, large
- 200 g sugar
- 125 ml oil
- 125 ml water, lukewarm
- 250 g flour
- ½ p. baking powder
- 500 g strawberries
- 200 g powdered sugar
- 1 p. Vanilla sugar
- 250 g low-fat quark
- 200 g yoghurt
- 8 sheets of gelatine
- ½ lemon
- 500 ml whipped cream, cold
- 2 p. Cake glaze, red
- 3-4 tbsp sugar
- 500 ml water
- Hand mixer
- Square cake ring 30×35 cm
- Kitchen spatula
- Cake divider
- Mixing spoon
- Hand blender
- Small bowl
- Citrus juicer
Prepare the dough
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- Beat the egg whites firmly.
- In a separate bowl, beat the sugar and yolks until fluffy.
- Add the oil and continue to stir.
- Then pour in the water.
- Mix the baking powder with the Mix the flour and stir into the liquid ingredients.
- Fold in the beaten egg whites.
- Place a square cake ring on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Pour the dough into the cake ring and place in a preheated oven at approx. 160°C with top and bottom heat Bake for approx. 30 minutes.
- Let the cake base cool down.
- Cut the base horizontally.
- Put one cake base back into the cake ring.
Prepare the topping
- Beat the cold cream until stiff.
- Mix the icing sugar and vanilla sugar with the yoghurt .
- Squeeze half the lemon.
- Heat the lemon juice in a saucepan.
- Dissolve the gelatine in it.
- Stir the liquid gelatine into the yoghurt cream.
- Add the whipped cream and stir in briefly.
- Half of the cream on the Ku spread evenly over the cake base.
- Puree 200 g of strawberries into the strawberry puree.
- Spread the strawberry puree over the cream.
- Cover with the second cake base.
- Flatly spread the remaining cream on top.
- Place the cake in the Put in the fridge.
- Clean and halve or slice the remaining 300 g strawberries.
- Place the strawberries overlapping on the cooled cake.
- Mix the glaze with the sugar and water.
- Coat the strawberry slices with the glaze and set leave.
- Chill the strawberry slices until ready to serve.
- Serve cut into pieces and garnished with mint.