Fruity strawberry cake with quark cream, milk and cream
Portions: 10 persons | Preparation: 90 minutes
A light spring cake with a fruity, creamy quark filling. The strawberry cake also sweetens the day bit by bit in summer and goes well with an afternoon coffee.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 8 votes )
- 150 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 150 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 handful almonds, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 150 g powdered sugar
- 8 gelatin sheets
- 1/2 organic -Lemon
- 250 g milk
- 500 g low-fat quark
- 200 g cream
- 350 g strawberries
- hand mixer
- springform pan
- citrus grater
- citrus press
- cake ring
Prepare the dough
- Separate the eggs. Beat the egg white and 3 tbsp water until stiff.
- Gradually trickle in the sugar.
- Stir in the egg yolk, mix flour with baking powder and fold into the batter together with the chopped almonds.
- Pour the batter into a round springform pan and Bake in a preheated oven for approx. 30 minutes at 160° C.
stir in the quark cream
- Soak the gelatine. Then squeeze out the gelatine and dissolve.
- Wash the lemon in hot water, grate the zest and squeeze out the juice.
- Stir the egg yolk with the powdered sugar and 50 ml milk until fluffy.
- Add the lemon zest and the rest of the milk, over the hot water bath until slightly creamy stir.
- Remove the cream from the water bath, allow to cool while stirring constantly.
- Mix the quark with lemon juice, stir into the cream and chill.
- Whip the cream until stiff and fold into the cream.
Arrange the strawberry cake
- Place a cake ring around the base of the cake.
- Spread the quark mixture over the base and chill the cake.
- Cut the washed strawberries into slices or halve and spread over the cream filling.