Fruity, sour rhubarb jam as a spread
Portions: 10 persons | Preparation: 25 minutes
Simply sweeten your breakfast with a delicious rhubarb jam! The rhubarb is boiled down with jam sugar 2:1 and flavored with vanilla. The rhubarb jam tastes great on a roll, croissant or a slice of bread.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 8 votes )
- 1 kg rhubarb
- 400 g preserving sugar, 2:1
- 1 packet of bourbon vanilla sugar
- cutting board
- kitchen scales
- mixing spoon
- Peel the rhubarb and cut off the ends.
- Chop the rhubarb into pieces and bring to a simmer with the sugar, vanilla sugar and water.
- Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring.
- Peel or blend the rhubarb jam, if you like Leave rhubarb in pieces.
- Put the rhubarb jam in jars.
- Spread on bread, rolls or croissants for breakfast.
Scraped vanilla pulp can be added to the rhubarb and the vanilla pod can be cooked as well. The rhubarb goes well with strawberries, apple or kiwi.