Fruity raspberry cake with cream puffs and cream
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 255 minutes
The incredibly delicious is creamy and fruity at the same time. The cream is supplemented with crème fraîche and tastes wonderfully fresh. The small cream puffs inside and the fruity note of raspberries as a topping make the cake a delicious highlight.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 2 votes )
- 2 eggs, size M
- 80 g sugar
- 100 g flour
- 250 g cream puffs, frozen
- 500 g cream, cold
- 5 tsp San Apart
- 400 g crème fraîche
- 60 g preserving sugar, 2:1
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 100-120 g chocolate sprinkles, or
- chocolate shavings
- 300-350 g raspberries, frozen
- 1 p. Cake glaze, red
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 250 ml water
- Food processor
- Springform pan 25 cm Ø
- Baking paper
- Flour sieve
- Cake ring
- Hand mixer
Preparing the biscuit
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C top/bottom heat.
- Line the bottom of a springform pan with baking paper.
- Mix the eggs with the sugar in the food processor at the highest level for at least 5 minutes. Sift in the flour and carefully fold in with a spatula.
- Fill the sponge cake into the springform pan and spread evenly.
- Bake the sponge cake for 20 minutes until golden.
- Then allow to cool completely.
- Remove from the springform pan and place on a cake plate .
- Clamp a cake ring.
Prepare the cream
- Stir the crème fraîche with the preserving sugar, vanilla extract and lemon zest until smooth.
- Whip the cold cream with San Apart until stiff.
- Pour into the crème fraîche mixture.
- Mix in the chocolate sprinkles.
- Gap a thin layer of cream on the cake base.
- Place the frozen cream puffs on top.
- Then spread the cream all over the cream puffs.
- Put the frozen raspberries close together on the cream.
- Cake glaze with sugar and water stir in a saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer and remove from the heat.
- Spread the red glaze over the entire berries and allow to set.
- The Put the raspberry cake in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
Other berries such as wild berries or blueberries can also be used for the raspberry cake. The cake can also be left in the fridge overnight so that the cream mass will set well.