Fruity orange marmalade with carrots and lemons
Portions: 10 persons | Preparation: 65 minutes
The light sweetness of carrots combined with oranges tastes unusual and fruity. This will taste wonderful both simply with tea and as a spread on a piece of bread. Stored in jars, this sweet concoction can be enjoyed throughout the winter.
Please review recipe:
- 500-600 g carrots
- 500-600 g oranges
- 1 lemon
- 750 g sugar
- Peel the carrots and grate them coarsely.
- Finely grate the zest of the oranges and lemons.
- Cut the flesh of the citrus fruits into small pieces.
- Remove the seeds.
- Put the whole thing in a saucepan.
- Sugar pour over.
- Leave the mixture to stand for 90 minutes.
- Place the pot on the stove and bring the mixture to the boil.
- Let simmer over low heat for about 25 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and grate the contents of the pot with a hand blender.
- Then bring to the boil again and continue cooking for about 20 minutes.
- Spread the jam into jars and close tightly with lids.
- Turn the jam jars upside down.
- Under a blanket or under Leave to cool with a cloth.
- You should get about a liter of jam.
- Enjoy orange marmalade for breakfast.
- vegetable peeler
- cutting board
- jam jars