Fruity milk rice with dried fruits baked in pumpkin
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 90 minutes
This tastes not only very aromatic, but also very fruity. Both the rice and the dried fruit are baked directly in the pumpkin. It is an original, rich and tasty dish.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 40g raisins
- 50-80g dried apricots
- 100g rice pudding
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½-2 tbsp sugar
- 40g butter + some for greasing
- 1 pumpkin
- 150ml water
- 250 ml milk
- In a bowl, pour boiling water over the sultanas and apricots for 10-15 minutes, then drain.
- Cook the rice for about 10 minutes, until half cooked.
- Add the dried fruit, salt, sugar and with the melted butter.
- Cut off the top of the squash.
- Remove the seeds and surrounding flesh.
- Grip the inside of the fruit with melted butter.
- Stuff the squash with the rice.
- Stir together the hot water and milk and Pour over the filling.
- Cover the fruit with the pumpkin top and brush with butter on all sides.
- Cook the rice pudding in the pumpkin for about 1 hour at 180°C.