Fries made from white cabbage, onions and ginger
Portions: 2 persons | Preparation: 35 minutes
These slightly crispy and very tasty potato pancakes are prepared with cabbage and onions. The grated ginger gives the potato pancakes a certain pep. The hearty potato pancakes can be served with a salad or sauce.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 5 votes )
- 250 g cabbage
- 2 onions
- 1/2 tsp ginger, fresh
- 70 g flour
- Salt, to taste
- 10 g baking powder
- 100 ml water
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- food processor
- cutting board
- hand mixer
- pan with lid
- Finely chop the cabbage in a food processor.
- Finely dice the onions.
- Finely grate the ginger.
- Mix together the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Pour in the water and two tablespoons of the oil.
- All at once stir until the dough is creamy.
- Let the dough stand for 5 minutes at room temperature.
- Pour the dough in portions into a pan with oil.
- Fry on a low heat for approx. 5 minutes on each side under the closed lid.
- Then turn the heat down slightly increase and fry the potato pancakes until golden brown.