Fried rice finger food with tuna and avocado
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 165 minutes
Rice balls with tuna with a difference – this finger food is guaranteed to cause a stir. Unlike the Japanese snack onigiri, in this recipe the rice is boiled, shaped and fried until crispy. This is followed by avocado and fresh fish mixed in a spicy sauce. If you like sushi, you should definitely try this finger food recipe.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 220 g round rice
- 360 ml water
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 450 g tuna, fresh
- ½ lemon
- 3- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2-3 tbsp sriracha, or other hot sauce
- 2-3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 avocado
- herbs, for serving
- Cutting board
- Frying pan
- Lemon squeezer
- Rinse the rice several times and place in a saucepan.
- Cover with cold water and bring to a boil.
- Cook uncovered over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Mix the cooked rice with rice vinegar, sugar, 2 teaspoons sesame oil and stir in the salt.
- Line a rectangular dish with cling film.
- Put the rice in the dish.
- Then press flat against the base and allow to cool completely.
- Cut the cooled rice into small pieces.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a frying pan .
- Fry the pieces of rice on all sides until golden brown.
- Finely chop the tuna.
- Squeeze the lemon and collect the juice.
- Season the fish with lemon juice, mayonnaise, hot sauce and soy sauce.
- Peel the avocado and cut into Slice thinly.
- Place the fish and avocado on top of the fried rice.
- Serve the finger food sprinkled with herbs.
Fresh salmon, shrimp, or crab sticks can be used in place of tuna.