Fried cod in beer batter with spices
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 15 minutes
According to this recipe is prepared without any effort. The ingredients for the beer batter are mixed and the fish fillet pieces are dipped in it. Then fried in the pan – the fish is very juicy and goes wonderfully with potatoes and any other side dish.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 3 votes )
- 800 g cod fillet
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 140-160 g flour
- 1 tbsp garlic, ground
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 egg
- 350 ml beer
- vegetable oil, approx. 1 liter for frying
- cutting board
- frying pan
- paper towels
- Cut the cod into 4-5 cm pieces, or any larger.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the flour, garlic and paprika in a bowl.
- Add the egg and beer, breaking up into a lump Whisk together the beer batter.
- Pour the oil into a deep pan so that it rises about 6-7 cm.
- Heat over medium-high heat.
- Dip each piece of fish fillet into the beer batter.
- Then carefully place in the pan.
- Fry for a few minutes on each side until fish is nicely browned.
- Place finished cod on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Place fried cod on a plate and serve with a side dish of your choice.
If the dough is too runny, add a little more flour.