Fresh lamb’s lettuce with tomatoes, turkey and crispy croutons
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 37 minutes
This is a simple and light appetizer with succulent cuts of meat, fresh cherry tomatoes and crunchy toasted croutons. It’s a great alternative to the regular Caesar salad. Prepared in minutes, it’s a great choice for any meal.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 7 votes )
- 500 g turkey fillet
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- 3 slices of white bread
- ½ tbsp butter
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 300 g lamb’s lettuce
- Parmesan, optional, for serving
- cutting board
- Cut the turkey fillets into 10-15 mm thick pieces.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika on both sides.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil in a frying pan.
- Add the meat, about 2-3 minutes on each side Fry until cooked.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Cut the turkey into small pieces.
- Quarter the cherry tomatoes and cut the bread into small cubes.
- Heat the remaining sunflower oil and butter in a frying pan.
- Toast the bread cubes while stirring for 2 to 3 minutes until golden to form croutons.
- Remove the croutons and place on a paper towel to drain excess fat.
- Mix the olive oil with the lemon juice in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Clean the lamb’s lettuce and place in a shallow salad bowl.
- Distribute the pieces of meat, cherry tomatoes and croutons over the lamb’s lettuce.
- Drizzle over the dressing.
- Sprinkle the lamb’s lettuce with grated parmesan, if desired en and enjoy.