Fluffy heavenly cake with tangerines, cream, meringue and almonds
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 215 minutes
A fluffy base made of sponge cake, a fluffy filling of fruity tangerines and cream and on top a crunchy-sweet meringue with roasted almonds! The heavenly cake is a true dream and perfect for a coffee afternoon.
Please review recipe:
- 100 g butter, soft
- 80 g sugar
- 1 p. Vanilla sugar
- Lemon flavor, optional
- 4 egg yolks
- 125 g flour
- ½ p. Baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4-6 tablespoons of milk
- 4 egg whites
- 150 g sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 80 g flaked almonds
- 2 cans of tangerines
- 20 g sugar
- 400 g cream, cold
- 1-2 tbsp San Apart
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Hand mixer
- Flour sieve
- Springform pan Ø 24 cm
- Baking paper
- Cake platter or large plate
- Cake ring
- Kitchen spatula
Prepare the batter
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees top/bottom heat.
- Beat the butter, sugar, vanilla sugar and lemon flavoring until creamy.
- Stir the egg yolks little by little into the butter mixture.
- Add the milk and stir in well.
- Flour, Mix the baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Sieve the flour mixture into the egg and butter mixture.
- Mix to form a smooth batter. If the dough is too firm, a little more milk can be added.
- Line 2 baking tins with baking paper or grease them.
- Half the dough and pour into the two baking tins.
- Place the bases light yellow one after the other on the middle shelf for approx. 10 minutes Pre-bake.
Mix the meringue
- Beat the egg whites, sugar and pinch of salt with the mixer until stiff.
- Spread half of the meringue onto each cake base.
- Use a tablespoon to create waves on the meringue.
- 40 each g Scatter the flaked almonds over the meringue.
- Bake the two cakes one after the other for about 15 minutes at 180 degrees until the flaked almonds are lightly browned.
- Remove the baked cakes from the edge with a knife.
- One of the two cakes in 8 -Cut 10 pieces of cake.
- Let both cakes cool down completely.
- Place the uncut cake base on a large plate or cake platter.
- Put a cake ring around it tightly.
Prepare the filling
- Tangerines drain well in a colander.
- Distribute the tangerines over the cake base.
- Whip the cold cream together with the San Apart, sugar and vanilla extract until stiff.
- Spread the cream onto the tangerines.
- Place the divided cake base pieces on the cream and Press lightly.
- Leave the heavenly cake to set in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Decorate with chocolate stars before serving and enjoy.
For the meringue, the bowl and whisks of the blender must be completely clean; i.e. fat-free and no traces of egg yolk, otherwise the beaten egg whites will not succeed. The upper meringue is already cut into pieces before the heavenly cake is assembled, this prevents the meringue from breaking when the cake is cut.