Flavorful chicken schnitzel with apples, nutmeg and cheese
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 65 minutes
Baked in the oven with fried onions, grated apples and cheese. The schnitzel gets a delicious aroma from garlic and nutmeg.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 2 votes )
- 2 chicken fillets
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1-2 tbsp oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 apples
- 50 -70 g mayonnaise
- 200 g cheese
- 1 pinch sugar
- Have the chicken fillets in half lengthways.
- Wrap the cutlets in cling film and tap them off with a kitchen hammer.
- Line a baking tin with parchment paper.
- Put the chicken cutlets in.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic and nutmeg.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Fry the chopped onion until golden, sprinkling it with a pinch of sugar.
- Peel the apples and grate them using a coarse grater.
- Place the onions and apples on the escalopes.
- Season with mayonnaise and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake the chicken cutlets at 180 ° C for about 25 minutes.
- Kitchen hammer
- Baking pan
- Frying pan