Fine gingerbread man recipe with shortcrust pastry, cinnamon and ginger
Gingerbread men are a tasty pastry. These sweet men don’t take long to prepare and you can bake them together with the children. The biscuits go well with milk, tea, coffee or cocoa.
Rating: Ø 5 ( 7 votes )
- 350 g wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ginger, ground
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 125 g butter
- 175 g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp syrup
- Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl.
- Add the ground ginger, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- Mix well.
- Add the melted butter and brown sugar to the flour.
- Mix well.
- In one In another bowl, mix the syrup and egg.
- Mix the beaten egg into the butter and flour mixture.
- Knead until you have a smooth, elastic dough.
- Place the finished dough in a plastic storage bag and shape into a thick flatbread.
- Place the dough in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Dust the work surface with flour.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of about 0.5 cm.
- Use the cookie cutter to cut out the gingerbread men.
- Place the biscuits on a baking sheet lined with baking paper .
- Bake the gingerbread men on the middle level at 180 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Use a spatula to transfer the finished biscuits from the baking tray onto a wire rack and let them cool.
- Decorate the gingerbread men with icing or chocolate as you like.
- Mixing bowl
- Hand mixer with dough hook
- Dough roller
- Cookie cutter
- Storage bag