Fine apple pie with lemon zest and cinnamon
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 105 minutes
The A is made from a simple batter. The apples with lemon zest and cinnamon make the apple pie a juicy and flavorful treat.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 3 votes )
- 400g apples
- 200ml water
- 55g sugar
- 2 tsp lemon zest, grated
- 30ml lemon juice
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 200g butter, softened
- 130g sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tsp lemon zest, grated
- 1 pinch of salt
- 200 g flour
- 40 g flaked almonds, for sprinkling
- 1 tbsp breadcrumbs, for the springform pan
- icing sugar, to serve
- citrus press
- mixing spoon
- flour sieve
- hand mixer
- springform pan
- kitchen spatula
- kitchen brush
- Squeeze out the lemon juice.
- Boil the water, sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice with the cinnamon stick in a saucepan.
- Peel and core the apples and cut them into wedges.
- Put the apples in the sugar sauce and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Allow the filling to cool and drain.
- Mix the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and lemon zest.
- Sieve in the flour and stir to form a smooth dough.
- Grease a springform pan and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs.
- The Pour half of the dough into the tin and spread evenly.
- Spread the apples on top.
- Layer the rest of the dough on top.
- Sprinkle with flaked almonds.
- Bake the apple pie in a preheated oven for about 40-45 minutes at 175 degrees.
- Let the apple pie cool and dust with icing sugar before serving, if desired.