English ring cake bread pudding with red berries
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 620 minutes
There’s a real taste of summer in this dessert. Literally filled to the brim with raspberries, redcurrants and blueberries, this bread pudding is insanely refreshing. It is so easy to prepare that everyone should try it.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 175g icing sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- 100g blackcurrants or redcurrants
- 200g blueberries
- 250g blackberries
- 300g raspberries
- 300g strawberries
- 7-8 slices of toast
- cling film
- Mix the powdered sugar and water in a saucepan.
- Heat the sugar solution over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Add all the berries except the strawberries.
- Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- You can use other berries or adjust the proportions to your taste.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Add the strawberries, stir again.
- Let the mixture sit for a minute or two.
- The berries Place in a strainer to drain into a bowl.
- Let stand like this for 10 minutes.
- Cover another bowl with cling film doubled over it with the ends of the film hanging down.
- Snip the crust off the bread .
- Cut a slice of bread to the same size as the bottom of the bowl.
- A slightly dried, but not too dry bread goes well with this recipe.
- Dunk one side of this slice of bread in the berry juice.
- The ske Place ibe in the bottom of the bowl, dry side up.
- Cut the remaining bread slices vertically.
- Dip one side at a time in the juice.
- Arrange these along the sides of the bowl, making sure there are no gaps.
- Cut off the slices of bread that stick out over the edge of the bowl.
- Stuff the berries into this base in the bowl.
- Then also cover the berries with slices of bread, dipping them in the juice beforehand.
- The edges of the cling film Fold it up to cover the Bundt cake.
- Place a saucer or a small plate on top.
- Place a weight on it, for example a jam jar.
- Put the Bundt cake in the fridge for 10-12 hours to set.
- The cake remove from the fridge, remove the weight and unwrap the cling film.
- Cover the bowl of Bundt cake with a slightly larger plate and carefully turn the bowl over.
- Remove the cling film and serve the bread pudding.