Eggplant salad antipasti with tomatoes and carrots
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 50 minutes
The aubergine salad with tomatoes and carrots is a great appetizer as an antipasti. The salad is very tasty with garlic and herbs and is gone faster as you can see. Baked eggplants are layered with fried carrots and sliced tomatoes in a dish and covered with mayonnaise.
Please review recipe:
- 1 aubergine
- 3 tomatoes
- 2-3 carrots
- oil, to taste
- 1 onion, or spring onion
- mayonnaise, to taste
- 2 cloves of garlic
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- parsley, to taste
- dill, to taste
- Wash the aubergine and cut into slices.
- Salt the slices and leave to stand for 15 minutes.
- Dab the aubergine slices dry.
- Add the herbs and red paprika powder and mix with the oil.
- Place the slices on a baking sheet and place in the Bake in the oven at 200 degrees for approx. 20 minutes.
- Cut the tomatoes and parsley into small pieces and set aside.
- Roughly grate the carrots.
- Chop the onions.
- Sauté both in a pan with oil.
- Mix the carrot and onion mixture with the garlic and mayonnaise.
- Stir in the dill herbs and parsley and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Place the first layer of aubergine slices in a glass casserole dish or salad bowl.
- Fill with carrot mayonnaise, then cover with tomato slices.
- Repeat the layers in the order 2-3 times – aubergines – carrot mayonnaise – tomato slices…etc.
- Decorate the top layer with tomatoes and herbs and chop the aubergine salad well marry.
Antipasti with tomatoes and aubergines goes very well with the grill!
- cutting board
- parchment paper
- glass casserole dish