Eggnog cake with carrots and icing
Portions: 10 persons | Preparation: 70 minutes
The eggnog cake is soft and incredibly delicious. Eggnog and carrots make the cake wonderfully moist and aromatic. With a icing and sprinkles, it becomes an eye-catcher on the Easter coffee table.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 6 votes )
- 200g butter, softened + some for greasing
- 160g sugar
- 1 pack vanilla sugar
- 4 eggs
- 350g flour
- ½ pack baking powder
- 100ml eggnog
- 250g grated carrots
- breadcrumbs , for sprinkling
- 60 g powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Sugar sprinkles, optional
- Loaf pan
- Hand mixer
- Basting brush
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees top/bottom heat.
- Mix the soft butter with the sugar and vanilla sugar.
- Stir in the eggs one after the other.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder and add to the butter-egg mixture, stir well.
- Egg liqueur and carrots and work everything into an even dough.
- Grease the loaf tin and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Pour the dough into the baking tin and smooth it evenly.
- Bake the eggnog cake for about 50 minutes.
- Cool the cake briefly and Remove from the tin.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Mix the icing sugar with a little lemon juice to form a white icing.
- Gover the icing on the eggnog cake.
- Decorate with sprinkles or chocolate as desired.
- Eggnog cake for Easter enjoy.