Easy squid salad with lemon, vinegar and fresh vegetables
Portions: 5 persons | Preparation: 25 minutes
The tender squid, which tastes slightly like garlic and hardly like fish, goes very well with the fresh cucumbers, juicy peppers and crunchy carrots in this salad.
Please review recipe:
- 600-650 g squid
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- 80 ml olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 paprika
- 2 pickles
- 1 carrot
- 1 lettuce heart
- Clean the squid by completely peeling off the dark skin.
- Rinse well inside and out under cold running water.
- Cut into rings approx. 1 cm wide.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil.
- The Cook the squid rings in it very briefly (only 40-60 seconds).
- Put in a sieve and rinse with cold water.
- Peel and rinse the red onion, carrot and garlic.
- Cut the onion into half rings.
- Press the garlic , grate the carrot into fine strips using a vegetable slicer with a V-slicer.
- Rinse the peppers briefly under cold water and dry them.
- Remove the core.
- Cut the pods into fine strips.
- Wash the cucumbers, dry them and do the same Cut into strips.
- Wash the lemon, squeeze out 2 tablespoons of juice.
Prepare the salad dressing
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice, vinegar and oil with salt, pepper and garlic and mix well to form a dressing.
- Add the onions to the dressing , leave for 5 minutes and remove.
- Put the prepared vegetables and the squid rings in a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over them and stir well.
- Let the salad sit in the fridge for about 2-3 hours.
- Approx. Remove from fridge 30 minutes before serving and arrange on a salad plate with chopped hearts of lettuce
- cutting board
- garlic press
- salad bowl
- salad plate
- dressing shaker