Easy rhubarb crumble cake with cinnamon and buttermilk
Portions: 12 persons | Preparation: 85 minutes
The crumble cake with rhubarb is a real treat. The cake consists of a batter with buttermilk, on which the sour rhubarb pieces find their place and are covered with crunchy crumbles.
Please review recipe:
Ø 4.9 out of 5 stars ( 9 votes )
- 100 g brown sugar
- 120 g flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 90 g butter
- 300 g flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 200 g caster sugar
- 60 g butter
- 2 tsp water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 225 ml buttermilk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 600 g rhubarb
- food processor
- mixing bowl
- square baking pan
- kitchen scale
- cutting board
- In a food processor, blend brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter into crumbs and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Add flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, butter and water Process into a dough.
- In a small bowl, mix the eggs with buttermilk and vanilla.
- Mix the mixture quickly with the flour mixture.
- Grease a baking tin and dust with a little flour.
- Fill the dough into the tin.
Prepare the filling
- Wash the rhubarb and cut into small pieces.
- Spread the rhubarb pieces over the pastry base.
- Cover with the crumbles you have prepared and bake for approx. 45 minutes.
- Let the rhubarb cake cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes and enjoy.
Mix the icing with powdered sugar and lemon juice or water and spread on the crumbles of rhubarb cake.