Easy rabbit recipe in tomato sauce
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 105 minutes
Tender meat and a tangy tomato sauce flavored with citrus, cinnamon and cloves. Nobody will be able to resist this rabbit baked in tomato sauce. The meat is mixed with spices and vegetables and then the tomato sauce is poured over it. Braised in the oven for a long time, this dish is delicious and should be served with vegetables of your choice.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 2 votes )
- 1200-1400 g rabbit
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 orange, organic
- 1 onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 800 g tomatoes, in their own juice
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 2-3 buds of cloves
- 1 tsp pepper
- cutting board
- citrus press
- Cut the rabbit into portions.
- Salt and pepper, rub with oil.
- Finely grate the zest of the orange, two teaspoons are enough.
- Squeeze the juice out of the flesh.
- Peel the onion and garlic, cut into small pieces.
- Chop the tomatoes.
- Mix the tomatoes, juice, orange juice and orange zest in a bowl.
- Put the rabbit parts in a casserole dish or a larger clay pot.
- Add the vegetables, cinnamon, cloves and peppercorns.
- Pour the tomato sauce over it.
- Cover with a lid or aluminum foil.
- Put in the oven.
- Set the oven to 190°C, bake the rabbit for about 1.5 hours.
- Remove from the oven and serve with vegetables of your choice.