Easy pear cake with walnuts and honey
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 60 minutes
The autumn cake with pears and nuts invites you to a coffee party. The fruity note of the pears harmonises wonderfully with the crunchy nuts. It tastes sweet and juicy and is a real treat in the pear season!
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 3 votes )
- 3 tbsp honey
- 4 eggs
- 200 g flour
- 1/2 cup baking powder
- 100 g butter
- 2 pears
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3-4 walnuts
- tart pan
Prepare the dough
- Put 3 tablespoons of honey in a bowl.
- Gradually add the eggs and beat with the mixer until creamy.
- Mix the flour with baking powder and stir into the egg mixture.
- Knead the dough well.
- Melt the butter and pour into the dough, mix everything well.
- Place the dough in a tart pan / springform pan.
Prepare the topping
- Peel the pears and place in a pot of boiling water for about 3-5 minutes .
- Remove the pears and leave to cool.
- Then cut in half and remove the core.
- Cut the pear halves lengthwise.
- Caramelize 2 tablespoons of honey in the saucepan and spread over the dough.
- The prepared pears Spread out in a circle on the dough.
- Spread the chopped walnuts over the pears.
- Bake the pear cake in the oven at 180 degrees for approx. 30-40 minutes.
Pears can harmonize wonderfully with apples and raspberries! The perfect pear for pear cake is Santa Maria or Williams Christ – overripe pears or cooking pears are therefore less suitable!