Easy crumble cake with rhubarb and buttermilk
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 60 minutes
A moderately sweet crumble cake with a nice rhubarb acidity. The cake consists of a sponge cake filled with rhubarb and covered with sweet crunchy crumbles.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 12 votes )
- 100 g brown sugar
- 120 g flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 90 g butter
- 300 g flour
- 60 g butter, or margarine
- 200 g sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 225 ml buttermilk, or kefir
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 600 g rhubarb, cut into 2-3 cm pieces
- Round pan
- Food processor
Prepare the crumble
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter in a mixing bowl.
- Mix using your hands or in a food processor into large lumps.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
Make the batter
- Grease and flour a round baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Roughly mix the flour mixture with the butter.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs with the buttermilk and vanilla with a fork . Mix quickly with the flour mixture.
- Put the batter in the baking pan.
- Spread the rhubarb pieces on top.
- Cover with the crumble dough.
- Bake the crumble cake for 45 minutes.
- Let the cake cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes and serve warm. Or let cool completely and serve later.