Easy Christmas cookies with sugar sprinkles and cinnamon
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 40 minutes
They are made from a simple shortcrust pastry and taste particularly delicious with the icing and colorful sprinkles during the Advent season. You can make the dark cold season enjoyable with these cookies.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 2 votes )
- 300 g flour
- 100 g sugar
- 200 g butter
- 1 egg
- 200 g icing sugar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice, or water
- sugar sprinkles, or sugar pearls, to taste
- cinnamon, to taste
- Food processor
- Dough roller
- Cling film
- Cookie cutters
- Kitchen brush
- Put the flour, sugar, egg and pieces of cold butter in a food processor.
- Process everything into a dough.
- Form the dough into a ball and wrap it in cling film and place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- The baking tray with Lay out baking paper.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of 3 mm on a floured work surface.
- Cut out different Christmas shapes.
- Place the cut out cookies on the baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- In the oven at 200 degrees for about 10 – 15 minutes bake.
- Decorate the baked Christmas cookies as you wish, eg brush with icing and sprinkle with sugar sprinkles.
- Or mix the icing with a little cinnamon and spread it over the cookies.
- Serve the Christmas cookies with coffee or tea.