Easy Caesar salad with chicken breast, anchovies and dressing
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 35 minutes
The essentials in the Caesar salad are chicken breasts, croutons and lettuce leaves. The highlight, however, is the dressing. It consists of anchovy fillet, grated parmesan, mayonnaise, garlic and wine vinegar. Simple, but at the same time tasteful and incredibly delicious.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 6 votes )
- ¹⁄₂ ciabatta, or baguette
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 anchovy fillets, canned
- 100 g parmesan, grated
- 5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- garlic press
- cutting board
- kitchen brush
- Press the garlic through a garlic press or chop with a knife.
- Mash the anchovies with a fork.
- Mix together the garlic, a dollop of grated cheese, mayonnaise, vinegar and salt.
- The dressing should be the consistency of have a yoghurt. If it’s thick, it can be diluted with 1-2 teaspoons of water.
- Cut the ciabatta into pieces and place on a baking sheet.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of oil with salt and drizzle over the bread.
- The Bake the croutons in a preheated oven at 200°C for about 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Let the croutons cool.
- Rub the chicken breast fillet with the remaining oil, salt and pepper.
- Heat the pan over medium heat and Add the fillet.
- Fry the meat for 4-5 minutes on each side until golden brown and leave to cool.
- Clean and roughly chop the romaine lettuce leaves.
- Add half the chicken breast and half the croutons.
- The main part Pour over the dressing and toss.
- Place the rest of the chicken breast and croutons on top.
- Spread the dressing on top.
- Sprinkle the grated Parmesan over the Caesar salad and serve.