Easter bunny puff pastry cake with milk cream and coconut – Easter recipes
Portions: 12 persons | Preparation: 60 minutes
The cute Easter bunny in this recipe is made from delicious puff pastry layered with a cooked milk cream. The Easter bunny is cut out of the cake and decorated with coconut flakes, berries and wafers.
Please review recipe:
- 300 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 150 ml water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 600 g flour
- 1 l milk
- 400 g sugar
- 2 p. Vanillin sugar
- 8 egg yolks
- 100 g flour
- 150-200 g coconut flakes
- 3 blueberries
- 2 wafers, large
Prepare the dough
- Pour the lemon juice into the cold water.
- Beat the eggs until fluffy and add the lemon water and salt.
- Sieve the flour onto the work surface and spread the cold, diced butter on top.
- Chop the flour and butter with a knife .
- Make a well in the mixture and pour in the egg mixture.
- Process the whole thing into a dough.
- Part the dough into 10-12 pieces and form into balls.
- Cover with cling film and leave in the Put in the fridge.
- After the resting time, roll out each ball thinly on a piece of baking paper.
- Cut out or punch out a circle with a diameter of approx. 24-26 cm.
- Prick the circle several times with a fork.
- The baking paper with Place the circle and trimmings on a baking tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 7-10 minutes.
Prepare the cream
- Bring the milk to the boil.
- Mix the egg yolks with the sugar and vanilla sugar, add the flour and mix well .
- Name is Pour milk into the icing and stir.
- Cook the cream mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly.
Assemble the cake
- Place a cooled base in a mold and spread with the cooled cream.
- Place the second base on top and spread with cream again.
- Process all other bases in the same way.
- Grease the edges of the cake and the cover with cream as well.
- Chop up the cuts and sprinkle the cake with it on top and on the sides.
- The cake put in the fridge for 6-8 hours.
- Now it’s time to be creative!
- Form the cake into a bunny and sprinkle with coconut flakes.
- Put blueberries in for eyes and nose.
- Cut out bunny ears from large wafers and place on the Set rabbit head- Done!
- Hand mixer
- Mixing spoon