Easter bunny plaited pastries with butter and milk – Easter menu
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 45 minutes
Instead of the yeast plait, you can also bake small, cute . The small Easter bunnies go perfectly with Easter brunch and can come with you Butter and jam are served.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 1 votes )
- 500 g flour
- 50 g sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 p dry yeast
- 220 ml milk, lukewarm
- 80 g butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk, for brushing
- mixing bowl
- food processor
- Sieve the flour and mix with the sugar and salt.
- Dissolve the dried yeast in the lukewarm milk.
- Add the soft butter and egg to the yeast milk.
- Add the flour mixture and knead everything into a dough for about 3 minutes.
- The yeast dough Cover and leave to rest in a warm place for approx. 1 hour.
- Cut the dough in half and divide into pieces.
- Roll long strands from each piece, fold in the middle and twist twice.
- Give the Easter bunny a curly tail with the dough or prepare with Giotto.
- Leave the covered yeast plaits to rest for about 20 minutes.
- Whisk an egg yolk and brush the yeast plaits with it.
- Bake the Easter bunnies at 180 degrees for about 12-15 minutes and enjoy warm.