Easter bunny carrot cake with nuts, chocolate beans and coconut
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 70 minutes
sweet treat with juicy, nutty carrot cake for Easter. The Easter bunny cake is super easy and quick to make. The topping with grated coconut and colorful chocolate beans makes children’s eyes shine.
Please review recipe:
- 260 g carrots, finely grated
- 100 g ladyfingers
- 5 eggs
- 125 g hazelnuts, ground
- 125 g almonds, ground
- 120 g sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 p. Baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- Coconut oil, for greasing
- 2 tbsp icing sugar, for icing
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp grated coconut
- 50g chocolate beans
- Chocolate, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/350°F.
- Grease a rabbit baking tin with coconut oil.
- Grind the ladyfingers in a blender.
- Separate the eggs.
- Put the grated carrots in a mixing bowl.
- Egg yolks , hazelnuts, almonds, biscuit crumbs, sugar, cinnamon and baking powder to the carrots and knead well.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff.
- Using a spatula, fold the egg whites into the carrot batter.
- Pour the batter into the baking tin and smooth it out.
- Bake the bunny in the preheated oven for approx. 40 minutes at 150 °C.
- Let the carrot cake cool down briefly in the tin.
- Remove it from the tin and let it cool down completely.
- For Mix the icing powdered sugar with lemon juice until smooth.
- Distribute the icing thinly over the bunny ears, as well as the eyes and nose.
- Decorate the bunny ears with chocolate beans.
- Decorate the eyes and snout with chocolate beans and chocolate.
- Sprinkle the bunny ears with grated coconut and he’s done Easter Bunny!
- Mixing bowl
- Hand mixer
- Easter bunny baking tin
- Kitchen spatula
- Kitchen brush