Easter bread Kulich with raisins, nuts and candied fruits
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 40 minutes
Easter bread is a traditional Easter pastry in Russian cuisine known as kulich. Easter bread is on every breakfast table in Russia during Easter and is often served with jam. The standard ingredients are flour, butter, sugar, egg, milk and yeast. In this recipe, the fluffy yeast dough is refined with raisins, nuts and candied fruit.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 1 votes )
- 100g butter, or margarine
- 120g sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 100ml milk
- 25g yeast
- 50g raisins
- 50g nuts
- 50g sukkade, candied fruit
- 400g flour
- vanillin sugar, to taste
- powdered sugar, to taste
- mixing bowl
- food processor
- kitchen brush
- Kulitsch baking pan
- Stir butter with sugar, egg yolk and vanilla sugar until fluffy.
- Add flour, milk with yeast, knead everything into a dough.
- Add raisins, nuts and sukkade.
- Knead the dough again and keep warm.
- Place the dough in a butter or margarine tin.
- Grush with an egg and leave to rest for 20 minutes.
- Then bake at 180 °C until golden brown.
- Decorate the Kulich Easter bread with powdered sugar or a powdered sugar glaze.