Dutch pea soup with pork and potatoes
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 720 minutes
Thick, extremely filling and appetizing pea soup. It is prepared with different types of meat, so its taste is very rich.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 1 votes )
- 500 g peas
- 400 g pork ribs
- 250 g brisket, smoked
- 2 l water
- 2-3 potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 2 onions
- 1 leek
- 1 clove garlic
- 1-2 Bay leaves
- 2-3 sprigs of thyme
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tsp. Black peppercorns
- 250-300 g smoked sausage, cooked
- cutting board
- Soak the peas in the water for 10-12 hours, changing the water several times during this time.
- Drain, rinse and place the peas in a saucepan.
- Add the ribs and smoked brisket and cover with water.
- To cook Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat for 20-30 minutes.
- Skim off the foam.
- The brisket or bacon should not be too fatty.
- Cut the potatoes and carrots into medium-sized pieces.
- Onions and white part do not chop the leeks too finely.
- Add the vegetables to the soup along with the chopped garlic, bay leaves, chopped thyme, salt and pepper.
- Bring the pea soup to a boil again.
- Cook over low heat for one and a half to two hours.
- Stir the soup occasionally.
- Remove the ribs and brisket.
- Cut into small pieces and place back in the pot.
- Place the sausage in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Then cut into large pieces and place in i.e Give ready soup.