Dumplings filled with herbs – aromatic kutabs
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 46 minutes
This wonderful Azerbaijani flatbread made of thin, soft dough and fragrant filling of herbs is made from the simplest ingredients. So it is not surprising that Kutabs dumplings can even be prepared by an inexperienced cook.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 6 votes )
- 3 cups flour
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 bunch herbs, large
- 4-5 tbsp oil
- frying pan
- rolling pin
- kitchen brush
- cutting board
- Sieve the flour into a large bowl.
- Mix with 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Make a small well in it.
- Pour warm water into the flour.
- Knead a dough that is soft and elastic, but not sticky to your hands .
- Cover the dough with a cloth.
- Approx. Leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Finely chop the herbs.
- Mix with ½ teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- You can use any mixture of fresh herbs for the filling.
- The flatbread tastes very good with dill and parsley , coriander, chives or spinach.
- Knead the dough well.
- Divide into 8-10 portions.
- Roll out into thin rounds with a diameter of 25-30 cm.
- Approx. Place 2-3 tablespoons of filling on one half of the flatbread.
- Fold this in half.
- Seal the edges tightly.
- Form other kutabs in the same way.
- Cook the dumplings in a heated, dry pan for approx .Fry for 1-2 minutes.
- The heat should not be too high.
- brush hot kutabs with vegetable oil and serve.