Doner kebab recipe to make yourself
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 55 minutes
Fancy a doner kebab? Why not just do it yourself? Doner kebab is always a hit and is a hit on an evening with friends! You can easily prepare the Turkish classic yourself according to your taste. The pita rolls are topped with fried beef, red cabbage, white cabbage, tomatoes and onions and taste delicious.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 5 votes )
- 1 kg kebab beef
- 4 pita buns
- 300 g red cabbage
- 300 g white cabbage
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- Black pepper, to taste
- Red onions, to taste
- 2 tomatoes
- Leaf lettuce, to taste
- 250 g Greek yoghurt
- Chili, to taste
- cutting board
- cast iron skillet
- Finely grate the cabbage, knead with sugar and salt and leave to stand for approx. 15 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and oil and stir in the mayonnaise.
- Season with pepper.
- Cut the red onion into wafer-thin half rings.
- Tomatoes into thin ones Cut into slices.
- Clean and portion the lettuce.
- Fry the meat in batches in a cast-iron pan.
- Carve the pita rolls, but do not cut all the way through.
- Heat in a pan.
- The pita rolls with meat, coleslaw, Fill with onions, tomatoes, lettuce and yoghurt.
- Season the doner kebab with chilli to taste and serve.