Delicious zucchini rolls baked in the oven with vegetables and cheese
This vegetable snack with tender and juicy cheese filling with steamed vegetables is very easy to make and is perfect for the festive table. The basis for this is grated zucchini with cheese and eggs, which are pre-fried as a zucchini base and then baked in the oven with a filling of vegetables and cheese.
- 3 tbsp oil, + for greasing
- 800g courgettes
- Salt, to taste
- 200g hard cheese
- Black pepper, to taste
- ½ tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 120g flour
- 2 onions
- 2 carrots
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and grease it with oil.
- Grate the zucchini on a coarse grater and place in a bowl.
- Salt the vegetables, stir and cook for 10-15 Leave to stand for a few minutes.
- Squeeze the vegetables well.
- Grate the cheese on a fine grater.
- Add half the cheese, pepper, garlic, eggs and flour to the courgettes and mix well.
- Place the courgettes on a baking tray and spread flat with a kitchen spatula.
- Bake the zucchini base for about 30 minutes until golden.
- Cut the onions into small cubes.
- Grate the carrots with a coarse grater.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan.
- Onions 3 -Fry for 4 minutes.
- Add the carrots, season with salt and pepper, stir and sauté for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Mix the vegetables with the remaining cheese.
- Let the filling cool slightly.
- The zucchini base with the Spread the filling and roll up.
- Wrap in foil and set aside for 10 -Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Let cool and serve sliced.
- Baking paper
- Cheese grater
- Frying pan