Delicious waffles with hot cherries
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 40 minutes
Waffles with fruity accompaniment are a real highlight on the coffee table. Waffles with hot cherries are quick to make and super tasty, because what could be better?
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 1 votes )
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp sugar, with vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 300ml milk
- 150ml oil
- 220g flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 350-400g cherries, with cherry juice
- 30 g starch
- icing sugar, to taste
- hand mixer
- waffle iron
- Mix the eggs with salt until fluffy.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and continue to mix.
- Pour in the milk and oil and continue to stir.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder and add to the dough.
- Work everything into a smooth dough.
- Preheat the waffle iron, grease with a little oil and fill with the waffle batter.
- Approx. Bake 8 waffles one after the other.
- Put the cherries in a pot with the cherry juice.
- Take out some of the cherry juice, mix with the starch and stir into the pot with the cherries.
- Bring everything to a simmer until the mixture thickens.
- Warm waffles with hot cherries serve.
Hot cherries can be thickened with starch, custard powder, or frosting.