Delicious vanilla crescent recipe with almonds and vanilla powdered sugar
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 82 minutes
Crescent cookies are one of the most popular Christmas pastries. The tender shortcrust pastry with almonds literally melts in your mouth and the aromatic vanilla icing sugar makes them a special Christmas pastry.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 2 votes )
- 300 g wheat flour
- 200 g butter, cold
- 100 g ground almonds
- 1 egg
- 80 g sugar
- 1 p. vanilla sugar
- 100 g powdered sugar
- 1 p. Vanilla sugar
- food processor
- cling film
- parchment paper
- Put the cold butter in pieces with the sugar and vanilla sugar in the mixing bowl of a food processor.
- Add the egg and mix everything together briefly.
- Add the almonds, then add the flour.
- Knead everything into an even dough.
- Form the dough into a ball, wrap in cling film and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Form the croissants out of the chilled dough. To do this, always separate a piece of dough and roll it into a ball.
- Use it to form a strand about 4 cm long and shape it into a half-moon shape.
- Place the vanilla crescents on the baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Cook the vanilla crescents at 170°C circulating air Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden.
- Mix the icing sugar with the vanilla sugar in a large bowl.
- Roll the finished biscuits in icing sugar immediately after baking.
- After cooling, the vanilla crescents can be stored in a biscuit tin be kept.