Delicious vanilla crescent recipe with almonds and vanilla powdered sugar
Crescent cookies are one of the most popular Christmas pastries. The tender shortcrust pastry with almonds literally melts in your mouth and the aromatic vanilla icing sugar makes them a special Christmas pastry.
Rating: Ø 5 ( 2 votes )
- 300 g wheat flour
- 200 g butter, cold
- 100 g ground almonds
- 1 egg
- 80 g sugar
- 1 p. vanilla sugar
- 100 g powdered sugar
- 1 p. Vanilla sugar
- Put the cold butter in pieces with the sugar and vanilla sugar in the mixing bowl of a food processor.
- Add the egg and mix everything together briefly.
- Add the almonds, then add the flour.
- Knead everything into an even dough.
- Form the dough into a ball, wrap in cling film and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Form the croissants out of the chilled dough. To do this, always separate a piece of dough and roll it into a ball.
- Use it to form a strand about 4 cm long and shape it into a half-moon shape.
- Place the vanilla crescents on the baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Cook the vanilla crescents at 170°C circulating air Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden.
- Mix the icing sugar with the vanilla sugar in a large bowl.
- Roll the finished biscuits in icing sugar immediately after baking.
- After cooling, the vanilla crescents can be stored in a biscuit tin be kept.
- food processor
- cling film
- parchment paper