Delicious rhubarb cake made from shortcrust pastry with vanilla cream
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 100 minutes
The rhubarb tart is made from a crispy shortcrust pastry with a sweet cream and sour rhubarb pieces. Easy rhubarb cake recipe to bake at home.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 8 votes )
- 100 g butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 eggs
- 250 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp cream
- 100 g brown sugar
- 600 g rhubarb
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 eggs
- 150 ml cream
- 1 vanilla bean
- 150 ml milk
- hand mixer
- rolling pin
- baking pan
Prepare the dough
- Mix the flour, sugar, pinch of salt and baking powder.
- Add the butter in pieces, beat in the eggs and pour in the cream.
- Knead everything into a smooth, even dough, roll into a ball and cover approx. 45-60 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Roll out the dough thinly and press into a greased tin.
- Preheat the oven to 190 ° C.
- Prick the dough in several places with a fork to allow the air to escape during baking Cover with parchment paper and fill with beans.
- Bake the base for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the beans and parchment paper and put in the oven for another 5 minutes.
Prepare the filling
- Wash the rhubarb and cut about 7 cm long Cut into pieces.
- Place in a baking dish, sprinkle with brown sugar, cover with foil and bake at 180 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for a further 5 minutes until the rhubarb is tender.
prepare the cream
- cream and milk in a saucepan bring to the boil with the vanilla pod and remove from the heat.
- Beat the sugar and eggs in a bowl and carefully stir in the hot milk and cream mixture while beating.
- Distribute the rhubarb pieces on the pre-baked cake base and fill with the cream.
- Bake the rhubarb tart for about 30-35 minutes until the cream has set.
- Let the rhubarb cake cool down in the tin and cut into pieces before serving.